Thursday, January 26, 2012

Personalized Wall Art Tutorial

Since I can't sew anymore today I decided to be productive in other crafts. My sister in law is getting married and they are moving into their first place next month, she is doing her bathroom in zebra so I thought I would make her some things for her new house.


So here are the no-sew tutorials for this cute personalized piece of art.


First you will need
  • your desired background fabric
  • fabric for your applique
  • design for your applique cut from paper or cardstock
  • heat n bond
  • iron
  • scissors
  • picture frame
  • cardboard piece from inside picture frame or cut your own to size

First Step: iron your Heat N Bond to the back of your applique fabric (directions are on the package)


Second Step: Take your design template (mine is the letter V for their last name) and trace it onto your applique fabric. I just found a font I liked, enlarged it to the size I wanted, printed and cut it out.


Third Step: Cut our your design and peel off backing paper of Heat N Bond


Forth Step: Iron on your applique to your background fabric, be sure to flip the fabric over and iron the back to ensure a good application


Fifth Step: center your design on the cardboard piece, flip it over, wrap the edges around the back and hot glue them down


Now put it in the frame and hang it up


 Ta Da!

No comments:

Post a Comment