Saturday, January 21, 2012

Easy as Pie Kindle Fire Cover

My nieces birthday is today and a little birdie told me she was saving up to get the new Kindle Fire. So instead of the boring old 'money in a card' I whipped up a cute cover she can use to keep her Kindle in and tucked some cash inside to go towards the purchase of her cool new tablet. 
Lucky for me, my wonderful hubby had gotten me one for Christmas so I already had made a cover for mine and knew the dimensions. 

So simple, all you need is
  • 8X19" piece of your outside fabric (I used a cotton print for mine and flannel hearts on hers)
  • 8X19" batting (for a little added protection from bumps) 
  • 8X19" something soft (I used minky, you could use chenille, fleece, anything not scratchy)
  • 2-3" long piece of sew on velcro . 
Steps:
  1. Sew the 3 pieces right sides together, turn and flip right side out, stitch hole shut.
  2. Sew on your velcro at the each end of your rectangle. Scratchy at one end on the cotton side. Soft velcro at the opposite end of the rectangle on the minky side.
  3. Fold your rectangle leaving about 2-3" at the top for the flap and stich down each side
Easy As Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment