Thursday, February 16, 2012

Finish It Up Friday (a little early)

It's been crazy busy around here, I haven't been able to post in over a week. But I have been able to sew since my new machine parts came in. I have orders galore, but I have finished the top to my new butterfly quilt. My inspiration I found here, but had the new Joel Dewberry Aviary fabric in lilac and wanted to do something in purples. I don't think there are enough purple things out there!

  
So here is the top of the quilt, waiting on a back, and I had some scraps left so I made a cute little throw pillow too!


My second finish actually got finished. It was inspired by one I saw on the Cluck Cluck Sew blog here. I have lots of scraps from my Joel Dewberry Heirloom quilt. So I used those as my leaves, I think it came out pretty! 

Thanks for stopping by, hope yall have a great weekend!!!
Linked up with crazy mom quilts finish it up Friday

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet top! And I love that pillow. I agree that it came out very pretty. What technique did you use to applique the leaves? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I used fusible web and then a simple machine stitch around the edges.

    ReplyDelete